+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51

Thread: Stuff nobody else cares about but you feel like posting anyways

Posting Freak Posting Freak Manx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

In other news ...

While in The Holy Land, I spotted a young woman using her time in transit on the JR Yamanote line to refresh her studies in English, reading her English-language textbook as the train rolled along. I could see the cover of the book, and was surprised to see that this college-level ESL coursebook was sponsored by ... CNN.

CNN? THAT CNN? The Cirno News Network? Well, okay, I really shouldn't say that, as I enjoy Touhoueria so have some slight passing affection for the little ice faerie. But, still... CNN, the news network known for getting it WRONG ... is helping teach English???

Folks: CNN teaching English is like Kim Jong-Un teaching men's hair styling. Where's a facepalm when I need it?
    Team Cirno
    Frozen Frog Racing

Posting Freak Posting Freak
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Sorry I haven't been too active on here lately. I've just been relaxing and enjoying my break.

In other news my parents don't seem to accept who I am and my dad is going to have a talk with me this week to try and "fix" me because apparently if I believe in something different from him I must be broken.

They sound harsh.
    I am a fan of the dub. It was the dub that got me interested in the show, and is great. ...just to tell you members beforehand.

"I GOT A ROLL CAKE!" nom

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Misao View Post

They sound harsh.
    Hahaha that was from January. They're both kind and whatnot, they just think I should believe the same thing they do and it's annoying. >.<
    "It would be so easy...to let my fate just carry me away...following this same path my whole life through. But I know...I can't. What I do, I do...with no regrets." - FFX
    “’Good’ and ‘Evil’ are only ideas, created by human weakness, to support what drives our hearts.” - SMTDSSH

Thanks
    In honor of finally starting to watch Madoka Magica, I've claimed Kyubei as my waifu and changed my avatar and sig to the adorably evil creature >:)
    "It would be so easy...to let my fate just carry me away...following this same path my whole life through. But I know...I can't. What I do, I do...with no regrets." - FFX
    “’Good’ and ‘Evil’ are only ideas, created by human weakness, to support what drives our hearts.” - SMTDSSH

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swizzle For This Useful Post:

Manx (06-23-2013), Misao (06-23-2013)

Posting Freak Posting Freak
    Thanks
    Yay! I still need to see it.
    I am a fan of the dub. It was the dub that got me interested in the show, and is great. ...just to tell you members beforehand.

"I GOT A ROLL CAKE!" nom

Thanks
    Ole needs a new milk cow and hears about one for sale over in Nordakota. (That would be North Dakota for you non-Scandahoovians out der). He drives to Nordakota, finds the farm and looks at the cow. Ole reaches under to see if she gives milk. When he grabs the tit and pulls, the cow farts. Ole is surprised. He looks at the farmer selling the cow, then reaches under the cow to try again. He grabs another tit, pulls, and the cow farts again. Milk does come out however, so after some discussion, Ole buys the cow and takes her home.

He gets back to Minnesota, calls Sven, and says, 'Sven, come look at dis ere new cow I yust bought.'

When Sven gets there, Ole says, 'Sven, pull her tit, and see vat happens.' Sven reaches under, pulls the tit - and the cow farts. Sven looks at Ole and says, 'Ole, you bought dis here cow in Nordakota, didn't yah?'

Ole is surprised since he hadn't told Sven about his trip. Ole replies, 'Yah, dats right. But how'd yah know?'

Sven says, 'My wife's from Nordakota.'
    Team Cirno
    Frozen Frog Racing

Thanks
    Just put a scratch in the front bumper of the Pet Car. AUUGH! Was moving her (yes, HER, of course, HER; you think I enjoy anime and do NOT anthropomorphize my possessions? Hah!) by-hand in the garage and bumped into the edge of a plywood sheet. Left two 3/8"-long vertical scratches in the bumper face, just below the right headlight. I am actually heartsick over this. GD it!
    Team Cirno
    Frozen Frog Racing

+ Reply to Thread